Aesthetics Team Statement
Revised April 25, 2018
To maintain and protect the vision for our building,
to present an attractive, informative, and welcoming environment for members, friends and visitors,
and to be visually and spiritually pleasing.
- Maintain aesthetic integrity of the building and its surroundings
- Bring an intentional eye to being a welcoming place
- Collaborate with ART (Art Resource Team) to integrate permanent art into and around the building
- Make recommendations to Facilities Cluster regarding the aesthetic longevity and maintenance of the building’s interior and exterior spaces
- Oversee design of signage, flags, future banners
- Oversee additions of furnishing and fixtures intended to meet the evolving needs for utility while also ensuring strong stewardship of the aesthetic integrity of the building and its surroundings
- Coordinate installation and removal of interior and exterior seasonal decorations
- Ensure that any improvements to the grounds are compatible and well integrated into the native landscape and existing topography
- Work in partnership with all congregational entities and individuals in a way that promotes mutuality and reciprocity in decision-making
- Endeavor to fulfill our purpose with mindful awareness of our UUFCO Covenant
The Aesthetics Committee recognizes our home’s primary purpose as providing an inviting and welcome meeting place for the multitude of gatherings and activities of our Congregation, as well as for the greater Central Oregon community. In addition, our home represents an iconic artistic and architectural contribution to our geographic region which, over time, will have significant historical influences as well. With deep gratitude and appreciation for our home, UUFCO has been entrusted with it’s stewardship. Similarly to how any effective homeowners organization aspires to protect the value of properties within the organization, the Aesthetics Team aspires to protect and when called to, enhance, the artistic and architectural value of our building and it’s surroundings.
We see the embodiment of this physical structure and its surroundings as comparable to a modern day cathedral. It invites, with its utilization, much more than a meeting space for our Fellowship and other organizations. It is sacred space.
The Aesthetics Team is called to perpetuate careful stewardship of all that our home represents, as a meeting place, as a spiritual space inviting awe, and as an iconic artistic and architectural contribution to our geographic region for present and future generations.