Social Justice at UUFCO
The Social Justice Working Group coordinates and encourages UUFCO participation in social justice activities and programs locally, regionally, and internationally.
New! Social Justice Framework
For more detailed information about local areas of focus and who to contact for each, view the new Social Justice Framework, created in September, 2013
Areas of Current Focus
- Greater Community Collections
- Bethlehem Inn Monthly UU Dinner
- Congregational Study/Action Issue, "Reproductive Justice"
Calendar of Upcoming Social Justice Activities
- 12/19/2013 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
- 01/23/2014 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
- 02/27/2014 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
Congregational Study/Action Issues
- These are social justice topics that are chosen by the delegates to the UU General Assembly. Each topic is studied for one year in participating congregations, ending with the identification of actions that can be taken to address the social justice issue.
- Current topic: Reproductive Justice
- More about Congregational Study/Action Issues
Join us at Social Justice Working Group Meetings
Meetings will be scheduled and communicated as topics arise. Monthly meetings will not be held. Contact Bill Morris for more information.
Greater Community Collections
- Each month one of our Sunday Collections is donated to a charity or non-profit with ties to our community. Nominations can be submitted via the nomination form linked below.
- December 24 - Bethlehem Inn
- GCC Nomination Form
Bethlehem Inn Monthly UU Dinner
- Since May 2008 UUFCO has provided one dinner per month. Volunteers provide and serve a meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cupcakes, juice and milk.
- If you would like to sign up to either provide part of the food or to help serve the meal, please contact Leslie Koc or send an email to uufco at yahoo.com
- See more info about Bethlehem Inn