Social Justice at UUFCO
The Social Justice Committee coordinates and encourages UUFCO participation in social justice activities and programs locally, regionally, and internationally.
Areas of Current Focus
- Greater Community Collections
- Bethlehem Inn Monthly UU Dinner
- Congregational Study/Action Issue, "Immigration as a Moral Issue"
Calendar of Upcoming Social Justice Activities
- 5/23/2013 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
- 6/27/2013 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
- 7/25/2013 5:30 pm UUFCO Monthly Dinner at Bethlehem Inn
Congregational Study/Action Issues
- These are social justice topics that are chosen by the delegates to the UU General Assembly. Each topic is studied for one year in participating congregations, ending with the identification of actions that can be taken to address the social justice issue.
- Current topic: Immigration as a Moral Issue
- More about Congregational Study/Action Issues
Join us at Social Justice Committee (SJC) Meetings
Meetings will be scheduled and communicated as topics arise. Monthly meetings will not be held. Contact Co-chairs Bill Morris or Alice Elshoff for more information.
A New Take on Reproductive Justice:
“Sex in the Media: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back”
The Return of Sexualization of Women
Presentation by Ayla Halberstadt
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 7:00 pm, Old Stone Church
Greater Community Collections
- Each month one of our Sunday Collections is donated to a charity or non-profit with ties to our community. Nominations can be submitted via the nomination form linked below.
- GCC Nomination Form
Bethlehem Inn Monthly UU Dinner
- Since May 2008 UUFCO has provided one dinner per month. Volunteers provide and serve a meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cupcakes, juice and milk.
- If you would like to sign up to either provide part of the food or to help serve the meal, please contact Leslie Koc or send an email to uufco at yahoo.com
- See more info about Bethlehem Inn